June is National Iced Tea Month and the weather is heating up just in time for the 4th of July holiday! Beat the heat with a refreshing and unique iced tea
this holiday and all summer long. Just start by brewing real tea leaves and follow this recipe for a refreshing iced tea and fruit beverage.
- 3 heaping teaspoons loose leaf black tea or 6 tea bag per 6 cups of water. For this recipe use a strong malty Assam Black tea or Assam tea bags available at Imperial Tea Garden.
- 1 cup unsweetened 100% pure pineapple juice
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 lemon (1/4 cup squeezed)
- 6 Tablespoons sugar (adjust to taste) Additional ideas for sweeter tea include: using a pinch of Stevia leaves, cane sugar, honey and/or organic blue agave nectar. Blue Agave is a low glycemic sweetener that is 25% sweeter than sugar so you need less and its absorbed more slowly into the body which helps prevent spikes in blood sugar for those concerned with hypoglycemia and diabetes.
- Optional: Garnish with sliced orange, lemon, lime or fresh mint leaves.
- Brew 6 cups (48 fluid ounces) of loose Leaf Assam black tea or Assam tea bags.
- Add sugar as desired to hot tea until dissolved.
- Stir in 2 cups cold water
- Slice Lemon in half and squeeze with citrus juicer
- Serve over ice or with a garnish.
Use green tea, black tea or one of our herb and fruit flavored loose leaf teas to make your next home brewed iced tea! Plus, it stays fresh tasting for days.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.